Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Just Another Day


20 May 2020

The day was a full one.  There was a trip to the pharmacy.  There was a trip to the swollen Red Cedar River.  We jogged over the diary store.  There was lawn edging installed.  There was mulch moved.  I shaved.  I showered.  I made the beds.  I did laundry.  Yup, this was a full day.

Right now, I am sitting on the back porch watching the fading light.  I am listening to the Good Ole’ Grateful Dead work their way through China Cat Sunflower from Bickenshaw Festival, one of the shows on the 1972 tour. Very nice sound.  I pulled this up because on one of those clickbait things It listed this among the top 10 Grateful Dead shows of all time.  It isn’t bad.

My biggest achievement of the day was making waffles from scratch.  Was so very easy. No more box mixes for this breakfast maven.  Although I must note I was given a good deal of grief for not putting enough chocolate chips in the waffles.  Hey, I made them. Everybody is a critic.  

Oh, and I fired off some e-mails and messages.  Yes, it was a busy day indeed.

Well the light is almost gone.  I close with a hippy dippy song from the hippy dippiest of all bands, the Moody Blues.  This song always made me think of twilight.  And it is so darn beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Savor Sunday

A lightly overcast late May morning easily   distracts one from   weighty thoughts. I am so   glad. Instead  of thinking about life’s brevit...