Sunday, April 16, 2023

DOG, I wonder

Old, In the Way, Cantankerous


SUPPORT JAY TODD’S BIRTHDAY FUNDRAISER FOR AGNOSTIC, DYSLEXIC INSOMNIACS.  WE NEED TO LET THESE PEOPLE GET OVER STAYING AWAKE ALL NIGHT WONDERING IF THERE IS A DOG.  THEY NEED SOME SLEEP

 

My birthday is coming up on Thursday.  I will turn 67 years old.  Damn, how quickly the movie flashes by.

 

Meta, ( Antichrist #1), is bugging me to support a charity for my birthday.  I have in the past. I will not do it this year. Meta’s constant begging for a charity button trouble’s me.  Seems like FB does this to rack up a large dollar figure of charitable giving processed through their app as a talking point to offset all the stories about the evil spying they do on us and the manipulation by algorithms of the darker things in our world. I don’t need to support them.

 

Note I have nothing against people using birthday fundraisers as they serve a good purpose. What bugs me is Facebook/Meta’s insistent ads and charity suggestions. From the suggestions they give me, it appears their analytics really haven’t been tracking me all that well.  Again, I don’t mean to disparage anyone who has used the give button. Hey if you want to give to a charity to honor me, donate to research on autism, particularly on integrating the autistic into the work force.

 

What I would prefer instead is that on April 20th, you tell me a short story about a point in our lives that I may have forgotten. It does not need to be cringe inducing embarrassing but it could be.  Think about it, it could be from work, from socializing, from school, etc.  Just know that at 67 I probably have forgotten some highly funny stuff from over the years stuff that each and every one of you remembers, possibly because you were sober and I wasn’t. If it is too tawdry well just message it to me.

 

Looking forward to see if anyone remembers anything of note.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Savor Sunday

A lightly overcast late May morning easily   distracts one from   weighty thoughts. I am so   glad. Instead  of thinking about life’s brevit...