Thursday, August 13, 2020

Pandemic Dreams of Real Estate



13 August 2020

Bacon cooking, that smell is on the morning air today. Here I sit on my porch in warm humid air, dawn having passed not long ago. Scents of sizzling meat are drawn off of a neighbor’s stove, sent into this air by an efficiently functioning fan and vent. With that smell, and with the sound of some birds and an owl in the distance, it feels like I am ‘up north’ camping.

Most of my days are filled with things that should be done.  Mowing, washing, drying, etc., these are all high on my list.  Today will be no different. I will make myself read books and I allow myself to watch trash on TV.  Yes, I am so ashamed.  I watched a Jason Stratham movie last night on Hulu. Guns and car chases and fist fights, all things that in real life I abhor but on a small screen while I am trying to drift off to sleep, I love.

In the evening tonight when I have finished my third walk of at least of mile I will sit at this table and scroll through real estate listings.  What I need is a three-bedroom, two bath place, with close proximity to water.  In the best of all worlds it will have a terrace. None of the places I am looking at will be available when I decide it is safe to go, or when the various governments involved decide it is safe for me to travel. Still, mentally I can prepare in my mind an idea of what I want. Here is one example of what I am talking about.  https://www.idealista.pt/en/imovel/29854425/

Hey during these times of uncertainty we all need mental vacations, don’t we?  Mine is drifting into real estate dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Savor Sunday

A lightly overcast late May morning easily   distracts one from   weighty thoughts. I am so   glad. Instead  of thinking about life’s brevit...