Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Vaccine Passports

Just read an article about how vaccination passports are becoming a culture war issue.  I am sorry but as long as you are not mandated to get such a document it shouldn’t be an issue.  

I plan to spend a 7 -hour plane flight between here and Europe in an aluminum cylinder in the sky sometime in the next six months. If the airline wants to make a decision as to whether to board you or not because you have or have not gotten the vaccine, I am okay with that.  If a document from a government stating there is proof I have had a Covid 19 vaccine aids the airline in deciding to let me onto the plane, I am also okay with that. If restaurants or factories want to make economic decisions as to whether to allow a patron in, or worker onto the shop floor, based on having had a vaccination, I am also okay with that.

 

If you decide not to have the vaccine due to your belief system, while I think you are foolhardy, I am not going to force you to take. But as to you placing my life or the lives of others at risk in the name of “Hey Freedom” I am not okay with that.  And if businesses want to avoid you because of that choice, hey it is their right to do so. I am okay with people telling you that you may not breathe the same air as I do because you have not taken steps necessary to mitigate the transmission of this aerosolized pestilence. Culture wars my rump, this is a public welfare issue.  Bring on the vaccine passports.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Savor Sunday

A lightly overcast late May morning easily   distracts one from   weighty thoughts. I am so   glad. Instead  of thinking about life’s brevit...