Saturday, September 3, 2022

Un-Coffee in my Rooftop Land of Dead Plants



 

3 September 2022

 

Sipping decaf this morning, the un-coffee.  I am seated at the little rickety table that we bought at Bricomarche.  The temperature is wonderful and has been for the past two hours. Had some muesli with apple slices and milk earlier. Trying to decide what to do with this long weekend.  

 

Thinking about what to do has reminded me I am a list maker.  Since I have gotten to Lisbon, I have not been making lists. Not jotting down what to do and when to do it has thrown me off my game.  Back in East Lansing I had a whole week scheduled out to review when I opened the computer in the morning each and every morning.  Here I end up making coffee, eating cereal and looking at the three plants out of 17 the previous tenant abandoned that have survived.  Then I have just been floating to where the day takes me.

 

I will have to create a list today, order not chaos but way more flexible than in the past.  I have to buy some airline tickets.  I have a furniture delivery scheduled that I have to remember.  I have some odds n’ ends to buy at the local grocery, just ran out of Listerine. My lists are usually pretty concrete but they always include the aspirational, eat less, exercise more. Oh yeah, there is the rest of that Ikea furniture to finish. 

 

As I sit here, I can smell the wood fired oven of the nearby pizza place starting up.  It smells of garlic, rosemary and olive oil.  There are some many hints of good times gone by in those smells, from camping to urban bistros in places like Toronto and Chicago.  Food memories of good friends. Guess I will have to try a pizza from the restaurant this weekend.  Gotta find out if it tastes as good and is as memory inducing as it smells.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Savor Sunday

A lightly overcast late May morning easily   distracts one from   weighty thoughts. I am so   glad. Instead  of thinking about life’s brevit...